WE DO NOT OWN THE DATA AND INFORMATION (“USER CONTENT”) YOU PROVIDE WHEN USING OUR SERVICE! However, we do maintain those rights (license) as granted to us in Section 1.3 of the Terms (Ownership & License).
WHAT (AND HOW) DATA AND INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? By using our App., Service, and Site we collect, either automatically (e.g. IP Addresses) or by your actions (e.g. uploading) the following three types of data and information: (1) User Content; (2) User Data; and (3) Third-Party Data.
- THIRD PARTY DATA AND SOCIAL NETWORKS. If you create a user account by connecting or associating your account to, a social networking services account (“SNS”) (e.g. Twitter or Facebook), we collect the data and information provided to us by the SNS including your: name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; and any information you have made public on such social networking account. If you elect to share your information with these SNS, we will share information with them in accordance with your election. The SNS Terms of these SNS will apply to the information we disclose to them. We do not target our Service toward any particular group of users. We do not store any users’ information in retrievable form and only contact users via push notifications and popup message to advise them of software updates or other general administrative or technological notices. For more information, see Section 1.8 of the Terms (Third-Party Sites & Ads; Other Users).
- PERSONAL OR REGULATED DATA AND INFORMATION? We do not knowingly collect information which is regulated. For example, information characterized as personally identifiable information (“PII”) or information regulated under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1966 (“HIPAA”) is not knowingly collected by us unless you choose to provide this type of information. In the event you choose to provide this type of information you do so at your own risk, knowing that our Service is not compliant with such laws and regulations as HIPAA. We are not responsible or obligated to manage or protect such information as required by HIPAA or the applicable law or regulation. For more information, see Section 1.17 of the Terms (Compliance with Laws and Regulations).
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE DATA AND INFORMATION WE COLLECT? The data and information we collect is used for a number of things (depending on the type of data and information collected) including to recommend content or determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location: (i) the facilitation and creation of an active user account; (ii) to identify you as a user of our Service; (iii) to provide, personalize, and improve the Service; (iv) to communicate with you about your use of the Service; (iv) to develop new products and services; (v) to customize the advertising you view and recommend content; (vi) to fulfill your requests; (vii) to send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the Service and for other marketing purposes of Marmot; (viii) to protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities; and (ix) to use your geographic location (opt-in).
- YOU CAN SHARE YOUR USER CONTENT. A material part of our Service is to enable sharing of User Content. Section 1.4 of the Terms (Content Sharing) provides information about this functionality. Please consider carefully what you choose to Share or make public as you are entirely responsible for the User Content you Share. We do not monitor or control what others do with User Content. It’s your responsibility to let other users know how the User Content may be shared and adjust the setting related to accessing or sharing of User Content. The Service may allow you to comment on others’ Content, such comments are not anonymous, and may be viewed by other Users.
- WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE THE DATA AND INFORMATION COLLECTED? In addition to the above information about “What we do with data and information collected” we will only share or disclose your data and information (including if necessary any personal information) under the following situations: (i) to protect our rights and the rights of other users; (ii) with others who perform services on our behalf (a third-party service); (iii) if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant; (iv) if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or any fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; (v) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Marmot or others; (vi) in the event Marmot is or may be acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, we may transfer or assign your information as part of or in connection with the transaction; (vii) in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred as a business asset; (viii) if aggregated and/or anonymized, with our partners, advertisers, or other third parties; or (ix) if you access or associate your Account with a Social Networking Service. For more information on how we work with Social Networking Services see Section 1.6 of the Terms (Social Networking Services).
- HOW LONG DO WE HOLD THE DATA AND INFORMATION COLLECTED? Our servers store both User and Data Content. We retain User Data for as long as you use the Service and for an indefinite time thereafter. Text messages received are stored for 72 hours and then deleted. Deleted messages cannot be recovered. All messages are stored in encrypted form on our servers.
- WHAT ABOUT SECURITY? Marmot takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect the data and information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password (which we encrypt) for our Service and do not use a password on our Service that you would use on any other website or online service.
- INFORMATION CHOICES. You always have the right to know what personal information Marmot has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please direct any such requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.